- 1. Description of Atlantis, the sunken continent
- 2. What one would be looking for ...
- 3. Ancient maps showing a vast continent that no longer exists
- 4. Terra Australis on the ocean floor
- 5. How did Atlantis sink?
- 6. The main obstacle - ice core dating
- 7. The lakes in the middle of the Sahara desert
- 8. The arbitrary discovery of islands in the Atlantic Ocean
- 9. Greenland ice free?
- 10. The Atlanteans and the Jews in Egypt
- 11. The Burka and the Original Sin?
- 12. The Garden of Eden in Egypt
- 13. Conclusion
- 14. References
- All Pages
Terra Australis Incognita - Atlantis
It is argued that Terra Australis Incognita, the ‘imaginary’ southern continent which appears on virtually all early maps of the world, was a real continent that matches Plato’s mythical Atlantis in many respects. Maps showing three different forms of Terra Australis suggest a continent of which the central plain was gradually being flooded before it ultimately disappeared under the water. The submarine topography of New Zealand closely matches one of these maps and ancient legends of South America suggest that disappearance of the continent was caused by the impact of a comet. It is argued that Antarctica must have been ice free up to 12,000 years ago, when the impact of a comet caused a tsunami which nearly caused the extinction of mankind, the tsunami having been recorded in the Bible as the Great Flood.
- Next >>