Tennis - the Greatest Game - Some other interesting Wimbledon 2008 Final statistics
Page 7 of 12
Some other interesting Wimbledon 2008 Final statistics
- The match timer (clock) was started 1 minute late.
- At the end of the fourth set the match could not have been more evenly balanced. Both players had won two sets and both had won the same number of points, 151. When the last point had been decided, Federer had won 204 points and Nadal 209, for a total of 413 points.
- Federer served 25 aces as opposed to 6 for Nadal.
- Federer won 1 of 13 break points while Nadal converted 4 of 13.
- Federer's challenge success ratio was 3 of 10 and Nadal's 3 of 8.
- The average duration of a point (first serve struck to point decided, my program does not allow the time of the second serve to be recorded) was 10.7 seconds, the longest point lasting 45 seconds.
- The total time of active play (1st serve struck to point decided) was in the order of 1 hour and 13 minutes in a match that lasted just over 4 hours and 48 minutes.
- Hits: 36825